You're My Shining Star - WSC 290

July 20, 2016

It's time for a new sketch challenge (WSC 290) over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog!

Here is this weeks sketch.

When I started working on this sketch, I was stuck to an idea that I had to stamp a sentiment on the horizontal banner and put some images on the rectangle panel. But I didn't find a good combination of images and sentiment that fit the sketch... After a while, another idea popped in to my head. "Why do I have to use that banner as a sentiment banner? I can use it as an element to ground an image or something. I can put a sentiment on somewhere else." Then the rest of work went smoothly. :)


I die cut my main panel from After Midnight CS using the Cross-Stitch Rectangle STAX Die-namics and white embossed a sentiment from the Count the Stars stamp set. I die cut the "Star" from Wild Cherry CS using the Stars & Wishes Die-namics and matted it with a Smooth White die cut piece cut with the Count the Stars Die-namics. I adhered it to the panel along with a Kraft banner and two striped stars. After I adhered two fishtail flags to a Whip Cream card base, I mounted the main panel with foam tape and added a few silver sequins.


Head on over to the MFT Challenge and Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the fabulous DT! I hope you'll play along with us this week. :)

Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment