Merry and Bright - MFT & Chibitronics Collaboration

August 25, 2016

It's day 3 of MFT & Chibitronics collaboration. Have you checked Day 1 and Day 2 yet? Each day several of our DT shared their projects using MFT products and Chibi Lights Kit, and all of them were FABULOUS!! So you must check them out, if you haven't yet! 


As you know, I like making interactive cards sooooo much. But, I confess that I procrastinated this assignment until the last minute, because...the word "circuit" scared me. LOL! Everyone who has done it says it's easy. I read the instruction book included in the kit carefully. (I just wish they had an instruction book written in Japanese though. "chibi" is a Japanese word that means very small or little.) But I still thought it wasn't my thing. 

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to make a light-up card for Christmas. I decided to play with the Santa's Elves stamp set, Snowflake Flurry stamp set, and Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set


look! I did it!! Even though it was my first try, I was so ambitious that I put four lights. Now I can proudly say "Making a circuit with Chibi Lights Kit is not so hard!" and I highly recommend you to give it a try! :D

I started my card with creating the top panel. I cut a Smooth White panel using the Blueprints 24 Die-namics and gold embossed the sentiment. Then I white embossed the snowflakes and sponged some pastel colors of inks over them with a sponge dauber. I had to use a screw punch that I dug out from my old tool box to punch the small holes since my 3 mm hole punch didn't reach the center of the blue snowflake. :P


Here are a couple of pics of my circuits.



I worked on a Insulation Pink panel since I didn't want to mess up my card base. The most difficult part for me was making corners with folding copper foil tape. But it doesn't need to be fancy at all, because it will be covered with the top panel! :D

I adhered the circuit panel to the card base, then mounted the top panel with a double layer of foam tape. After I made sure that all the LEDs light, I glued the elf to finish off the card.

I hope my card inspire or encourage you. Make sure to visit the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you so much for stopping by.

22 comments:

  1. Well, that's really amazing, that is. It's a beautiful card without the lights but they sure do kick it up a notch. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Chibitronics paired with MFT stamps! Your cards and tutorial are great. I'm dying to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Chibitronics paired with MFT stamps! Your cards and tutorial are great. I'm dying to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://centumentltdreview.com/awakened-millionaire-academy-secrets-review/

    The world wide web is a huge space that is filled with ways where in you can earn money by simply just having your own computer and Internet connection. Everyone is talking about it but only a few know exactly how to earn money online, the proper way. The Internet is open to everyone so why not get a slice of the money pie that it offers?

    http://quantumvisionsystemreview.org/ed-conqueror-system-review/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever! Your card is stunning and then you added lights - wow, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and colorful card! Thank you for including a picture showing your circuit panel - very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really loving everyone's light up cards! The soft glow is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your card is simply amazing. It is beautiful without the lights but then you just took it over the top with your placement of the Chibitronics light set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job!
    Love the background snow flakes
    & way you colored elf!
    Do you have a coloring tutorial??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Torico, I should have known this was your card! You always make the coolest designs and your coloring is awesome. The chibi lights really make it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is SO cute! I would love to receive a card like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! The snowflakes, the adorable elves and the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card! The snowflakes, the adorable elves and the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colorful, lit snowflakes are so sweet! I would love to play with these Chibi Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness --- I love this card!!!! Christmas is always on my mind. This is just so inspiring! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a WONDERFUL job on this card! I can't wait to try a chibi light card myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Extra special card! If I made it, I'd have to keep it! Would not want to part with it. Darling elf, beautifully colored, and beautiful snowflakes! DeLIGHTful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design! Love this happy card & the amazing lights!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This totally ROCKS!!! I LOVE how you have the lights on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUPER CUTE and SUPER COOL card!!!
    LOVE your INKY elf scene, LOVE your FUN light-up ACTION too!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your tutorial and INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The snowflakes are fantastic! The multiple lights make it extra awesome. Thanks for showing how you set up your circuit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete