Spooky Window - MFT Release Replay

August 9, 2016

Today the MFT Creative Team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present!

I decided to play with the Monster Love stamp set from the release, since I didn't have a chance to use it during the Countdown week. The monsters in this set look so cute and fun when they are stamped in bright colors. But, for my card today, I used them to create a spooky scene.



It looks like the monsters are having a Halloween party in a haunted house. :)
I started my card with creating the top panel. I die cut the panel from Black Licorice CS with the Blueprints 13 Die-namics, then stenciled it using the English Brick Wall stencil and Sweet Tooth pigment ink. After ink dried, I cut out the window from it using the Boutique Window Die-namics and adhered the frame that was cut from another piece of Black Licorice CS.
I die cut a Smooth White panel and lightly penciled the window openings using the top panel as a guide. I stamped the monsters with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them with black embossing powder. I blended Pineapple and Orange Zest Premium Dye inks over them, stamped their eyes and antennae (horns?) with Black Licorice Premium Dye ink, and adhered the panel to a Grout Gray card base. 


I mounted the top panel over the inked panel with foam tape after I applied a piece of acetate to the back of the window. I stamped and die cut out the pumpkins and bats, that are from the Spooky Sweets stamp set, and adhered them to the top panel. (I stamped the bats on Cement Gray CS and slightly bent their wings.)
The sentiment was black embossed on a Kraft banner that I cut using a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics and stamped with the Woodgrain Background.


Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today!

Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment: