MFT September Card Kit Countdown day 1

September 19, 2016

Today is Day 1 of the September Card Kit Countdown! This month's kit is called Snowflake Sparkle. It's already time to think about winter holidays (I don't want to believe it though. lol), and who doesn't love beautiful snowflakes?? 


The Snowflake Sparkle Card Kit will be available for purchase on September 20 (tomorrow) at 10:00 pm EDT. Be sure to visit the MFT blog to see the full reveal of the kit.

For Day 1 of the Card Kit Countdown, we’re featuring "In the Box" looks – cards that feature only the items in the kit along with basic tools, shapes, and supplies. 

Have I told you that one of my most favorite color is Tropical Teal? It may not be a popular color for winter holiday cards. But, I LOVE this color so much that I couldn't help featuring it for today.

(NOTE : The products written in boldface are included in the kit.)
First I cut a Tropical Teal panel and white embossed a large snowflake from the Simply Snowflakes stamp set. Then I stamped the other snowflakes with Versa Mark ink and added the white spots to the center of each snowflake with a white pigment marker. I inked around the edges of the panel with Tropical Teal Premium Dye ink and adhered the panel to a side folded card base.


I stamped two more snowflakes on Smooth White CS using Sour Apple Premium Dye ink and cut them out with the matching dies. I stacked them up over the white embossed snowflake using some foam tape.

I die cut three "Peaceful Greetings" using the Peaceful Words Die-namics (two are from Sour Apple CS and one is from Smooth White CS) and glued them together for thickness. I daubed some Sour Apple Premium Dye ink to the lower half of the die cut sentiment for an ombre look.


I also decorated the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the Snowfall of Blessings stamp set. I love that this stamp set uses the same font with the Peaceful Words Die-namics that I used for the front of the card.

Head on over to the MFT blog for more inspiration from the other DT members participating today's countdown!

Thank you for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow for Day 2 of the Cad Kit Countdown. :)

22 comments:

  1. A beautiful card! I love the way you designed the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the colors! This kit is so versatile and the sentiments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors may not be traditional, but they look lovely together. I like the way the outside and inside have complementary diagonal designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of non traditional background color, makes everything pop. The inside is gorgeous also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love!
    Colors so pretty along with design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the cards everyone has made, are beautiful, but, I have to say, I love this one the most. The color scheme and the layout are very striking. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the cards everyone has made, are beautiful, but, I have to say, I love this one the most. The color scheme and the layout are very striking. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a Nice layering of that snowflake. Love the inside and out design of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGee, love both the outside and inside of you card, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, love the new colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. You designed a very pretty card...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is beautiful. Love the thickness of the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the teal background! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Torico, I also love the color Tropical Teal! I love the layered snowflake. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the Snowflake kit...I wondered if they could be layered.

    The inside of your card is just beautiful. Whimsical sour apple snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Torico, I also love the color Tropical Teal! I love the layered snowflake. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the Snowflake kit...I wondered if they could be layered.

    The inside of your card is just beautiful. Whimsical sour apple snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card! ;I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love the Tropical Teal color with the Sour Apple.
    Teresa Pires

    ReplyDelete