MFT September Card Kit Countdown Day 2

September 20, 2016

It's Day 2 of the MFT September Card Kit Countdown. The new card kit, Snowflake Sparkle will be available for purchase TONIGHT at 10:00 pm EDT.

Today we're featuring "Out of the Box" looks – cards that combine the products included in the kit with previously released MFT products.

(NOTE : The products written in boldface are included in the kit.)
For today I decided to create Christmas ornaments with combining the Simply Snowflakes stamp set and the Pierced Circle STAX Die-namics. I die cut two circles from Smooth White CS in different sizes and white embossed the snowflakes. Then I inked the larger one with Pink Lemonade, Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry Premium Dye inks, and the smaller one with Summer Splash and Tropical Teal. To create the ornament tops, I die cut two hole reinforcers from Silver Sparkle CS using a die from the Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics, added some hemp cord, and tied bows. 

I die cut my background panel with a pierced rectangle die from the Blueprints 21 Die-namics and white embossed the Balloon Strings Background on the lower half of it. Then I daubed some In the Buff Premium Dye ink over it. I heat embossed the sentiment with Liquid Platinum embossing powder, mounted my ornaments with foam tape, and added several sequins. I added a little bit of Silver Moondust Glitter Drops to the center of each snowflake.


Head on over to the MFT blog to see the full reveal of the kit and for more inspiration from the DT members participating today's countdown. 

Thank you for stopping by. I'll be back at 10:00 pm EDT tonight to celebrate the new card kit release. ;)

16 comments:

  1. Hi Torico,
    Great background, I love all the details you put into your cards.
    Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that it is not a typical snowflake card!
    Great details! Thanks for step by step how to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornaments you've created. I like the pierced elements - adds a nice, soft touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torico, Great card! Love the ornaments! I think I want this kit more than all the other kits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torico, Great card! Love the ornaments! I think I want this kit more than all the other kits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornaments! Thanks for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Torico
    I love the background and how you embossed it with the balloon string background and the ornaments are wonderful. Love the Nuvo drops..who doesn't love a touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea to make snowflake ornaments! I'll try this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your use of stitched circles to create ornaments is clever and they add pop to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute way to use this set and make ornaments. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. Love the baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job. Love your idea on the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the background and the colors of the ornaments
    Teresa Pires

    ReplyDelete