MFT September Card Kit Release

September 21, 2016

The new Snowflake Sparkle Card Kit is available for purchase in the MFT store now!


I'm sharing a shaker card tonight. I used the Simply Snowflakes stamp set and a little hedgehog from the Happy Hedgehogs stamp set to create a winter scene.

After I stamped and white embossed the snowflakes on a Smooth White panel, I blended some Periwinkle and Summer Splash Premium Dye inks over it. I die cut a snowy hill using the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics and lightly penciled a hill line on the inked panel. I adhered the panel to the card base and layered three Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames. I applied some foam tape along with the penciled line so that the shaker elements won't fall down to under the hill, put some Minnie Perls Prills, then added a sheet of acetate.

I gold embossed a sentiment from the Snowfall of Blessings stamp set on the die cut hill and adhered it to the panel of acetate along with a hedgehog. Another frame was added to finish off the card.

I love that Minnie Pearl Prills look like real falling snow!

Head on over to the MFT blog for more inspiration from the fabulous DT! Don't forget to leave a comment on each of their blogs for your chance to win a prize. ;)

Thank you for stopping by!

44 comments:

  1. I love hedggies and especially how you incorporated them into the new kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I never heard about the Minnie Pearl prills before--I like how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love those prills in a winter shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute shaker card. I hadn't thought to use prills in a shaker! I love the little hedgehog, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you combined these sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It DOES look like falling snow. What a cute scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how clever to make this fabulous shaker with the adorable hedgehog!! Beautiful colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable shaker card with beautiful details! Love the colors, snowflakes and darling hedgie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is just so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous snowy shaker. The hedgehog is adorable and your blended background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is co cute, awesome shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooooow Cah-Ute! A wonderful snow shaker card. Awesome Sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this delightful beauty big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty - love the texture you added and the gorgeous background:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shading of the background.
    Beautiful card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fun card. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute :)
    Thanks for share Torico

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! The colors and layout and fabulous. And I love the prills you used - looks like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this design! The shaker aspect is super cool with the tiny pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful shaker card! I love the prills, the gorgeous coloring & the sweet little hedghog!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! I’m in love!!! This kit is wonderful and your card ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute card and love love the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. super cute design!!! love that you included the little hedgie!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is so fun and cute. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! This is beautiful! I love everything about this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The mini pearls are a cute addition to your fabulous winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is incredible. The serene and happy blended background with the falling snow and the microbeads are absolutely perfect for this cute critter. His rosey cheeks and scarf are just precious. Loving this kit, especially what you have done with it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute Scene!
    Hedgehog's scarf is perfect for weather!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok this is too cute!!! I love that this is a shaker too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your cute critter with the pretty snow.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How adorable!!! Love how you used that sweet hedgehog for a christmas card!!!

    ReplyDelete