MFT September Release Countdown Day 5

September 2, 2016

The MFT September Release Countdown has begun! It's still been so hot and humid here in Japan that I barely feel autumn air. But, we will show you a lot of fabulous autumn themed products for the next five days.
Autumn is my most favorite season of the year. I especially love the rich and warm colors I see here and there in this season. After I finished my projects for this month's Countdown, I realized that I used a LOT of "autumn" colors - brown, tan, orange, yellow, etc - on most of them. I hope you won't be bored with those colors! :D

That being said, today's card doesn't use rich colors nor autumn theme. LOL!


This card features the new Llama Love stamp set and the Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames Die-namics. As I loved the sentiment (Isn't it funny?) so much I decided to make a birthday card. First I stamped a llama and masked him off, then stamped the balloons from the Beary Special Birthday stamp set. I drew some strings around his body with a black gel pen to tie the balloons to him, then cut it out with scissors and a craft knife. I drew some patterns on the balloons with a white pigment marker to add more fun.

For the background I stamped the Tiny Stars Background on a Black Licorice panel with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I cut a white panel using the Stitched Mountain Range Die-namics, and inked it with Bubblegum and Latte inks using the masking technique to create the ground. I die cut the frame from Primitive White CS three times and layered them for thickness.


It may be hard to see in the photos though, I randomly stamped the leaves from the new Geometric Greenery stamp set on the card base with Grout Gray ink. I also added some shade to the stamped leaves using a Versa Marker.

The sentiment was white embossed on a Grape Jelly banner cut with a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I added a couple of tiny dots beside the sentiment with Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops


Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on September 6th at 10:00 pm EDT.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the other DT!

I will introduce my new stamp set & Die-namics tomorrow, and my card for tomorrow uses a lot of rich and warm colors. I promise. LOL!
Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

17 comments:

  1. Another totally gorgeous set! Perhaps I should give up food so that I can afford to buy each and every new release??? Great card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love Llamas they have such smug expressions. And the balloons are gorgeous with the hand drawn patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your balloons these are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just spent 5 days in hot/humid NYC and I know that Japan is prob much more humid than that! Love your fun card...those llamas are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the stars background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card!!! Love the balloons on the llama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!!! Love the balloons on the llama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Torico! This card is so adorable! It has so many amazing elements. I love what you did to the balloons, and the background(s)! Amazing Llama, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Torico! This card is so adorable! It has so many amazing elements. I love what you did to the balloons, and the background(s)! Amazing Llama, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the llamas! The star background really sets off this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the llamas! The star background really sets off this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour scheme and the wonderful contrast added with the pops of hand drawn patterns on the balloons - just fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration :) Esther

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card. These llamas are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how adorable!!! Love the colors that you used on this!

    ReplyDelete