Gate Fold Latch Card - MFT Release Replay

October 11, 2016

Today the MFT Creative Team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present!

As I saw the Gate Fold Latch Card technique on Pinterest, I thought I would give it a try using the newly released Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics.



This is super easy and fun to create! To create my card base I cut Sour Apple CS to 3-3/4" x 11", and scored and folded at 2-3/4" and 8-1/4" on the long side. I decorated the card front with plaid patterned paper.
I die-cut three frames (one is from Smooth White CS and two are from Sour Apple CS) and glued them together. I saved a cut out from Smooth White CS and stenciled the Snowfall on it using Summer Splash Premium Dye ink. I adhered the frame and the stenciled panel to the card front as shown in the second photo above. (Tip : Adhere a frame first, then use it as a guide when you adhere a panel.)

The trees are from the Oh Christmas Trees stamp set. I stamped them, cut out with the matching dies, and popped up on the stenciled panel with foam tape. The sentiment, which is from the Merry Everything stamp set, was white embossed on a Latte panel cut with a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics.


I also decorated the inside using the Snowfall stencil and the Oh Christmas Trees stamp set.

Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today! I'm sure you'll be inspired a lot with their fabulous projects. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. So cute and I love your special closing. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a paper engineering genius! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card and thank you for the great explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card and thank you for the great explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Thanks for sharing, must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Torico, This card is spectacular! An amazing amount of work, and a thing of beauty! The Framed scene on the front, and the interior of the card astound me! Love the plaid, and your color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card- I love the interactive feel.

    ReplyDelete