MFT October Release Countdown Day 3

October 2, 2016

Welcome to Day 3 of the MFT October Release Countdown! Today I'm sharing a clean Christmas card using the Deer Friends stamp set and the Hand-Lettered Christmas stamp set.


Well, I confess that I messed up several pieces of card stock before I got this result. You know, clean card is not always easy to make! LOL! But I'm so happy with how this card turned out. And I love that it is easy to mail as it is flat. :)


First I stamped the deer hanging down the head with Safety Orange Premium Dye ink and added a little Milk Chocolate ink to her back with the help of a MISTI tool. After I masked it, I stamped another deer in the same way, masked it, and stamped the trees in Summer Splash. (TIP: Cut the masks a little bit larger than original image, so you can make white lines between the images.) 

The "joy" is from the Hand-Lettered Christmas stamp set, and it was stamped with Limelight and Tangy Orange. I used the 1" ink cubes to apply two colors. These little cubes are very helpful for the two-tone stamping or multi-inking technique! 
After I stamped another sentiment in Cement Gray, I added a blanket stitch line along the bottom edge of the panel using the Homespun Stitch Lines Die-namics, and adhered the panel to a card base along with patterned paper and a strip of Tangy Orange CS.



All the new products will be available for purchase on October 4th at 10 pm EDT.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the fabulous DT!

Thank you for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I love how clean and neat your cards are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, love the 2 colored joy word on the card

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to see in your beautifully designed card! The deer are perfectly colored, and grounded by the simple white border on top of papers at the bottom which are matched by the colors in joy! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torico, Amazing card! I always love your details! The "Joy" sentiment stamped in those two colors is amazing! And, I must say that I would never have thought to stamp the deer using Safety Orange! Then highlight it with the Misti! AMAZING! A lesson seems to be included in all of your posts! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torico, Amazing card! I always love your details! The "Joy" sentiment stamped in those two colors is amazing! And, I must say that I would never have thought to stamp the deer using Safety Orange! Then highlight it with the Misti! AMAZING! A lesson seems to be included in all of your posts! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME card! The details in your cards are always so exciting! You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I love that the red and green sentiment are the opposite of the red and the green checkered paper strips on the bottom. I also like the border die used on top of the strips. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love that the red and green sentiment are the opposite of the red and the green checkered paper strips on the bottom. I also like the border die used on top of the strips. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your use of non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete