MFT October Release Countdown Day 4

October 1, 2016

Welcome to Day 4 of the MFT October Release Countdown! Are you YETI for a new stamp set from Birdie Brown line? LOL! Today I'm introducing my new stamp set & Die-namics, Beast Friends!



The Beast Friends stamp set features cute yetis. This set can be used not only for Christmas cards but also for friendship cards. The accessory images are useful for creating a scene for winter holiday season, and the hat and the scarf are perfect size to put on the yetis. :) 

I'd like to share two cards with you today.


The first one is relatively simple. I made a side-fold card from Kraft CS and rounded the top right corner with a corner chomper. I stamped the lower one third of the card with the Swiss Dots Background using Milk Chocolate Premium Dye ink. I drew the dashed lines around the edges with a white pigment marker. 
I cut a snowy hill from Whip Cream CS using the Snow Drifts Die-namics and adhered to the card base. I also added three strips of CS in ombre colors (Sno Cone, Summer Splash, and Tropical Teal). 

The yeti and trees were colored with Copics and cut out with the matching dies. I drew some snow on the trees with a white marker. The scarf was stamped on a piece of patterned paper, cut out with scissors, and adhered to the yeti. I popped up only the yeti image with foam tape.
The sentiment was white embossed on a Poppy banner cut with a die from the Blueprints 20 Die-namics, and I adhered it to the card base along with a Primitive White banner.


For my second card I used the new Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics to frame my scene.

I white embossed the snowflakes, that are from the Snowflake Flurry stamp set, on a Smooth White panel and blended Lemon Chiffon and Peach Bellini Premium Dye inks over it. After inks dried, I spattered it with a little white ink. I cut a cloud shaped panel using the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics, gold embossed the sentiment, and adhered to the inked panel. The snowy hill was cut with the Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics and I slightly inked the top edge with Sno Cone Premium Dye ink. The frame was cut from In the Buff CS.

This time I cut out the scarf with the matching die. He is catching a falling snowflake. Isn't it cute? :):)

And I used White Crystal Drops to add some snow on the trees.



All the new products will be available for purchase on October 4th at 10 pm EDT
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the fabulous DT!

Thank you for stopping by!

** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

15 comments:

  1. I so love your new stamp set! The Birdie Brown line is one of my absolute favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both your cards but the colors in the 2nd one really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest little yetis I have ever seen. Great cards, love the colors on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Yeti set! Adore your cards especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards, oh but the second one looks like a child's story book! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous! Once again I am blown away by your card making and illustrative abilities! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Torico, First of all, I want to thank you for all your AMAZING Creations! Love these cards! Your little finishing touches are amazing! The Nuvo snow on the trees, the embossed snowflakes. Even the In the Buff cardstock frame...the color is perfect with those pastels. You are one creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Torico, First of all, I want to thank you for all your AMAZING Creations! Love these cards! Your little finishing touches are amazing! The Nuvo snow on the trees, the embossed snowflakes. Even the In the Buff cardstock frame...the color is perfect with those pastels. You are one creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two awesome cards with amazing composition- the polka dot tundra is neat and the layers of snow flakes really is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stamps are the Absolute CUTEST!!! I don't know how you do it every month! Love your cards, too!

    ReplyDelete