Christmas Cheer - MFT Color Challenge 57

November 10, 2016

Today I'm playing along with the MFT Color Challenge #57


This color palette made me think of a silent winter scene. Gray sky and white snow, then maybe a red Christmas tree? - I started my card from this idea.


I stamped a Grout Gray panel with the Snowfall Background using Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered the panel to the card base and added a snowy hill and a scallop frame.  


I stamped and die cut the trees from the Oh Christmas Trees stamp set. I added a die cut star on top of each tree and embellished them with some Crystal Drops (Autumn Red, Silver Lining). I also added some Glitter Drops (White Blizzard) along the edge of the snowy hill, it may be hard to see in the photos though. 


The sentiment is from the Gift Tag Greetings stamp set. Hmmm... I'm not sure if the word "cheer" was appropriate for the scene I made. But, I decided to use it since it fit the space perfectly. Ha ha! I white embossed it on a piece of Chili Powder CS and cut it out with scissors. I adhered it to the panel along with a snowflake cut with the Stylish Snowflakes Die-namics.


Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery! :)

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment