Magic of the Season - MFT WSC 307

November 16, 2016

Today I'm sharing a Christmas card with you that I made for this weeks MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge (WSC 307). 


As you see, the sketch is super simple and versatile! I decided to create a magical Christmas scene for the larger rectangle panel in the sketch.

First I stamped the front of my card base with the Bold Diagonal Stripes Background using In the Buff Premium Dye Ink
I put a Santa hat from the Beast Friends stamp set on dragon's head using the masking technique. I also stamped the trees using the masking technique, colored them with Copics, and cut them out with scissors. I put them aside and cut a panel from Smooth White CS using the Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics. I daubed some After Midnight Premium Dye Ink and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink on the panel using a blending tool and a sponge dauber, and splattered some white ink over it to create a snowy night background.


I made a snowy hill using Smooth White CS and the Stitched Basic Edges Die-namics and adhered it to the inked panel. After the images were adhered, some shades were added with Copics.
The sentiment is from the Winter Wonderland stamp set and it was white embossed on a Wild Cherry panel. I added a couple of gold star sequins on the top of the trees to finish off the card.

Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I hope you'll play along with us this week. ;)

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment