Hug in a Mug - MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 312

December 21, 2016

It's time for a new sketch challenge over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog


Since it's been so cold here in Japan, I wanted to make a card that warms someone's heart. :) I pulled out the Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics and the Hug in a Mug stamp set, and whipped up this card.

I cut a panel from Latte CS using the Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-namics and stenciled the Chunky Herringbone pattern over it using Milk Chocolate Premium Dye ink. It was adhered to a Milk Chocolate card base with foam tape.


I die cut and put together two cocoa cups and adhered them to the stenciled panel. The stitching lines on the cups were hand drawn with gel pens. I placed the marshmallows so that they look like falling down, as I wanted to add a little movement to the card. 
The sentiment was white embossed on a Tropical Teal panel, and a small die-cut snowflake was added for a circle element in the sketch.


Check out the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the other DT. I know it's the busiest season of year, but I hope you'll play along with us this week. :)

Thank you so much for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Great Card!
    I can feel the warmth
    all the way here in Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete