MFT January Card Kit Countdown Day 2

January 24, 2017

Welcome to Day 2 of the MFT No Place Like Home Card Kit Countdown! I have a Valentine's Day card to share with you today.


(NOTE: The products written in boldface are included in the kit.)
To create my heart shaped lock, I blended some Distress Inks (Tattered Rose and Festive Berries) on a piece of watercolor paper, spritzed it with water, and die cut out a stitched heart from it. I cut out a key hole using the Lock & Key Die-namics and added a handle I made using the Single Stitch Line Circle Frames Die-namics. I attached my lock to a Wonky Stitched Square panel with foam tape, then tied a die-cut key with hemp cord.

For the background, I used the Abstract Stencil. I stenciled it on the card front directly using Blu Breeze and Blue Yonder Premium Dye inks. The sentiment is from the No Place Like Home stamp set.



The new kit will be available for purchase TONIGHT at 9:00 pm EST. Make sure you visit the MFT blog to see the full reveal of the kit and for more inspiration from the DT!

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great card kit and your card is a perfect example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the "unlocked" heart locket ... that fabulous card is a sweet Valentine's card

    ReplyDelete