MFT January Release Countdown Day 4

January 7, 2017

Welcome to Day 4 of the MFT January Release Countdown! Today I'm introducing the new stamp set and Die-namics from Birdie Brown line, Otterly Love You.




Have you heard that sea otters hold their hands each other so that they won't be lost while they are sleeping? Isn't it so sweet and adorable? This story is one of the reasons I thought I would make an otters themed set for Valentine's Day. 
The Otterly Love You stamp set includes six otter images. Of course there is a mama otter holding a baby on her belly. :) With combining them with the accessory images, create cute scenes that the otters are floating on the waves. The matching dies will make it pretty easy! 



I made a simple Valentine's Day card for today. You may be wondering about the right otter image as it isn't in the set. I used the Mirror Image stamp to reverse the original image (the left one). I love that they look closer as their tails point to each other. :):)


To create the background, I cut a panel from watercolor paper using a die from the Blueprints 24 Die-namics and dry embossed three hearts using the Stitched Heart STAX Die-namics. I daubed some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over the hearts and spritzed it with water. 


After I stamped the sentiment, I matted the panel with a Peach Bellini panel and adhered it to a Coral Crush card base. I attached the otters with foam tape and added a couple of Cleat Droplets to finish off the card.



Make sure that all the new products will be available for purchase on January 10 at 9:00 pm EST
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the products revealed today and for more inspiration from the DT!

Thank you for stopping by today.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! I just want to say that I think you may be my favorite stamp designer. I just realized that all of the stamps that I covet are yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These adorable little otters look like they are actually swimming, outstanding job and making it look so real and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle look of the embossed hearts in the background that adds a great texture to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetness! Love this new set and your card is fabulous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dry embossed hearts are gorgeous and enhance the Lovely otter pair perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can watch otters for so long...adorable! This set is VERY cute. The way you colored them is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours is my favorite card. Love how you used the reverse image stamp and dry embossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this sweet set of Otters. Thanks for sharing your design with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an Otterly stinkin' adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Otterly adorable! Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Torico--Beautiful! The otters are so adorable! Thanks for creating this set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you colorin the otter, looks so cute and adorable, love it!

    ReplyDelete