You're a Real Gem - WSC 316

January 18, 2017

It's time for a new sketch challenge (WSC 316) over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog
Here is this weeks sketch.


I can hardly believe it, but I had never used the Bling It On stamp set and the Diamonds Die-namics since they were released last year and I almost forgot about them! (LOL!) The newly released Abstract Heart Die-namics reminded me of them, and I thought I'd use them for this weeks sketch challenge.

I used the Abstract Stencil for the circular element in the sketch and added some gold ink spatters. 


To create my gems, I blended some Distress Inks (Purple : Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet, Pink : Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick) on watercolor paper and cut it out with the solid dies from the Diamond Die-namics. Then two layers of the outlined diamonds were added for a dimensional look.
The sentiment was white embossed on a Black Licorice panel cut with a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics, and I adhered it to the background panel with foam tape along with a strip of gold paper. A few gold sequins were added to finish off the card.

Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I hope you'll play along with us this week! :)

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment: