Interactive Birthday Card - MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

February 28, 2017

For this month's MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints DT Challenge, we are challenged to create an interactive card. It isn't a secret that I LOVE making interactive cards!! :D

I chose the Blueprints 24 Die-namics to create a slider card. It includes a stitched tab die, and I found that one of the panel dies was the perfect size for the candle image in the Make a Wish stamp set


First I cut two rectangle panels from Smooth White CS and Lemon Drop CS using a die from the Blueprints 24 Die-namics. I stamped the candles onto the Smooth White panel in three colors using the masking technique and a Mini MISTI, then cut out the flames with the Birthday Candles Die-namics. After I stamped the sentiment, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", in Chocolate Brown, I adhered the panel to the Lemon Drop panel with foam tape and added the tiny die-cut hearts to the flames.
To create a slider panel, I cut another panel of Smooth White CS and stamped a sentiment from the Make a Wish stamp set in Chocolate Brown. I added a pull-out tab cut from Blu Raspberry CS and bakers twine.
The background panel was die cut from polka dot paper. I matted it with a Whip Cream panel and adhered to a Razzle Berry card base.

Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today! 

Thank you for stopping by!


3 comments: