MFT February Card Kit Countdown Day 1

February 20, 2017

Today I'm so excited to begin the countdown to the MFT February Card Kit Release!! The new kit is called Beautiful Butterflies - it's soooo beautiful that I'm sure you will LOVE it!


The Beautiful Butterflies Card Kit will be available for purchase on February 21 (tomorrow) at 9:00 pm EST. Make sure you stop by the MFT blog to see the full reveal of the kit!

(NOTE : The products written in boldface are included in the kit.)
I started my card with a Smooth White card base and covered the front of it with a panel of patterned paper from the Watercolor Wash Paper Pad. I cut a panel of Smooth White using the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges Die-namics and cut out three circular openings from it using the Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics
I stamped a sentiment from the You Give Me Butterflies stamp set in Black Licorice, then stamped some tiny flowers, which are from the Bold Blooms stamp set, around the openings.

I love that the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set includes accent parts that add depth to the wings of each butterfly! So beautiful! I used Berrylicious, Blue Yonder, and Blueberry Premium Dye inks for the blue butterflies, and Daffodil, Orange Fizz, and Black Licorice for the yellow one. I used a Mini MISTI tool when I stamped them. But it's not so hard to layer each part perfectly without using a MISTI. ;)
I die cut them with the matching dies. I added die cut butterflies underneath them and slightly bent their wings up when I adhered them to the openings.

As you see in the photo above, I added a little shimmer to the wings with a Wink of Stella pen.

Head on over to the MFT blog for more information about the kit and for more inspiration from the DT. 

Thank you for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Oh ... I adore this card so much! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty spring card . Love your use of die behind butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Torico, this is AWESOME! So beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card gives such a sweet impression of butterflies in a garden! Love the circle die cuts that highlight the butterflies, too. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just wow! So many simple touches (from the die-cut circles to the sprinkle of stamped flowers) provide the perfect setting for these butterflies. Thanks for sharing a truly lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dimension with the butterfly layers of ink and paper. The subtle floral pattern and die-cut elements behind the butterflies adds interest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cool and cute. Love the little touches of stamps around the circles and the shimmered butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that your card has a playful look to the card, nice card!

    ReplyDelete