MFT April Release Countdown Day 5

March 31, 2017

The MFT April Release Countdown has begun. This month's release is packed with spring, spring, spring! I'm sorry to say that I can participate in the Countdown only three days (from Day 5 to Day 3) because of my son's move, but please make sure you stop by the MFT blog everyday to see the full reveals of the new products and leave a comment there for your chance to win a prize.

My card for today features a cute toad from the new Springtime Critters stamp set, and I combined it with the Springtime Blooms stamp set  and the previously released Stitched Rainbow Die-namics to create a happy spring scene.

First I die cut a stitched rounded rectangle panel from watercolor paper using the Blueprints 31 Die-namics, inked it with Summer Splash Premium Dye ink, and spritzed it with some water. I die cut the rainbow from Smooth White CS and colored it with Copic markers in pastel rainbow colors. I adhered it to the inked panel and cut off the excess, then added a puffy cloud. I die cut another panel of Smooth White with the Blueprints 31 Die-namics and the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics, stamped it with the Swiss Dots Background using Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye ink, and adhered to the inked panel.

The images were stamped onto X-Press It Blending Card, colored with Copic markers, and die cut out with the matching dies. I popped up only the toad with foam tape.
I white embossed the sentiment onto a Coral Crush panel cut with a die from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics and added a little Gloss White Crystal Drops beside the sentiment. I also added two little fishtail banners cut with the Blueprints 31 Die-namics. All the patterned papers are from the new Dots & Stripes Confection Paper Pad which will be revealed on the MFT blog tomorrow. I added several sequins to finish off the card.


All the new products will be available for purchase on April 4th at 9:00 pm EDT
Head on over to the MFT blog to see the new products revealed today and for more inspiration from the DT.

Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh so cute Torico. I just love that rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and I love the soft colors for the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww, Torico, how sweet! Oh my goodness this is adorable. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the clouds with your awesome card- what is spring without a rainbow and gorgeous flowers with a sweet smiling frog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute! I like how you went with soft colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is a delight. I especially like the stitching on so many of the pieces. It creates a "hand-sewn" effect that adds so much to this card. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, I like the muted rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toad-ally cute card. I love the rainbow too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! Your subtle coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a Beautiful Card. I love the pastel rainbow. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete