MFT May Release Countdown Day 4

April 29, 2017

It's Day 4 of the MFT May Release Countdown, and it means the day I introduce my new stamp set & Die-namics to you! :D

I heard that some of the MFT customers were waiting for a mermaid themed stamp set from Birdie Brown line and I had been wanting to make it, too. I finally got an opportunity to make it happen! :)



The Mermazing stamp set includes three mermaids and several accessories to build an underwater scene, as well as a few aquatic critters. I'm sure that this stamp set and some other ocean themed products from this month's release go so well together! 

I have two cards to share with you today. The first one is relatively simple.

I stamped the Wavy Coloring Book Background to a watercolor paper panel and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I loosely added some watercolor wash and spatters using Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean). 

I stamped, colored, and die cut out the images, then adhered to the panel with foam tape. The sentiment was white embossed onto a Black Licorice panel cut with a die from the Blueprints 20 Die-namics. I added several sequins to finish off the card.

Next one is a shaker card.

I created my underwater scene on a watercolor paper panel using the emboss resist technique and adhered the panel to a card base. 


I die cut a Smooth White panel with the Blueprints 13 Die-namics, stamped it with the new Mermaid Tail Background (Love it!) using Sno Cone Premium Dye ink, and cut out a frame. I put some sequins and adhered the stamped panel with foam tape after applying a sheet of acetate to the opening, then added the frame and the images.


All the new products will be available for purchase on May 2nd at 9:00 pm EDT.
Head on over to the MFT blog to see all the new products revealed today and for more inspiration from the DT. Don't forget to leave a comment there for your chance to win a prize!

Thank you for stopping by!

** 1st Card **


** 2nd Card **

16 comments:

  1. The backgrounds are amazing. Love both the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torico, these are both amazing!!! I just love these mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again with another great stamp set. These mermaids are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to order them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Mermazing set and your cards are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this set and your cards are always so beautiful! I love your designs - Birdie Brown stamps are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two unbelievable gorgeous cards. The wavy coloring book background is a beautifully mesmerizing background for the beautifully colored mermaid. The ocean in the shaker card provides a wonderful setting for the sweet mermaid and sea shells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an amazing artist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both very cute. I love how you did the background on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background on the first card is breathtaking. All are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are beautiful. The background on the first one looks similar to a shell pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring! That first mermaid card is spectacular with the background, I can almost seeing her swimming around :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards. With each card your backgrounds showcase the mermaid so well. This is lovely work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are ocean-delicious and adorable. Love the way your color so softly. :-)

    ReplyDelete