MFT May Release Countdown Day 5

April 28, 2017

It's time to begin the countdown to the MFT May Release! Can you believe that it's already time for thinking about summer fun?? This month we have a lot of fabulous new products that feature beach and ocean themes. Make sure you stop by the MFT blog everyday for next five days to see the full reveals of the new products, and don't forget to leave a comment there for your chance to win a prize!

I'm kicking off my countdown with a beach scene that I made using the cute Beach Bunnies stamp set & Die-namics and the Beach Scene Builder Die-namics.

I created my sea and sandy beach directly on a Smooth White card base using the masking and inking technique, then added sun rays using the Radiating Rays Stencil. I also added an island which was cut with a die from the new Beach Scene Builder Die-namics.


I added some tiny spots on the sand with a brown Copic multi liner and covered the sea with Glossy Accents for a realistic look. 

I cut a stitched rectangle panel with a die from the Blueprints 13 Die-namics, stamped it with the Triple Stripe Background, and cut out a window from it using the Stitched Dome STAX Die-namics. I adhered a strip of patterned paper and a sentiment panel.

After I adhered the panel to the card base with foam tape, I added a die cut palm tree which was cut from Gumdrop Green and Safety Orange card stock using the Beach Scene Builder Die-namics. I added some colors and details to it using Copic markers and a white gel pen.
I stamped, colored, and die cut the bunnies, beach hut, and clouds, then adhered them to finish the scene.


All the new products will be available for purchase on May 2nd at 9:00 pm EDT
Head on over to the MFT blog to see the new products revealed today and for more inspiration from the DT.
(Don't you love the new countdown graphic BTW? ;))

Thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Darling card. I love the new images and your layout and coloring is awesome. I really need to get this beach bunny set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torico, this card is just so adorable. I can't believe it is beach time already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and love the island on the card as well, never noticed that in the die set

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your details. Such a sweet scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sun globe for the beach bunnies- I want to shake it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she is going to share that cone with her "brother." Adorable. You always do a great job and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, sweet card!! I'm especially drawn to your palm tree. It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun in the sun at the beach. Love this little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card. Love all the elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bright, colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card. Love how you created the inset scene. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete