Mermazing Shaker Card - MFT WSC 334

May 24, 2017

Today I'm sharing a card I made for this weeks MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge. (WSC 334).


I followed the sketch properly and used the square framed element for a shaker. 

To create my background panel, I cut watercolor paper and white embossed the sea plants from the Exquisite Ocean stamp set. Then I blended Banana Split, Peach Bellini, and Coral Crush Premium Dye inks, and spattered some white ink over it. I know that these colors are not usual for ocean. But I'm so pleased with that the mermaid, which I colored with purple, aqua, and yellow green, stands out against the background.  
After inks dried, I stamped the fish with Coral Crush ink and cut the bottom edge with the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges Die-namics. The frame was cut out with the Stitched Square Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics.

I used some Sparkling Clear and Lemon Meringue sequins for my shaker elements. 

Head on over to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I hope you'll play along with us for your chance to win a $50 gift voucher!

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Every card you make is amazing. You are such a talented artist. I love all the inspiration you give us.

    ReplyDelete