MFT May Card Kit Countdown Day 1

May 15, 2017

It's time to begin the countdown to the MFT May Card Kit Release! The new kit is called Sketchy Flowers, and it will be available for purchase on May 16th (tomorrow) at 9:00 pm EDT in the MFT store. Make sure you stop by the MFT blog today and tomorrow for the full reveal of the kit and for more inspiration from the DT.


(NOTE : The products written in boldface are included in the kit.)
I created my own patterned paper using the Sketchy Flowers stamp set. I stamped the leaves from the set onto a piece of Tropical Teal CS with the Tropical Teal Premium Dye ink, then stamped some dotted and solid circles, which are from the Party Patterns stamp set, with Versa Mark ink. I also added some white spots here and there with a white gel pen. I trimmed it and adhered to a Black Licorice card base.

I stamped and gold embossed the words "MAKE ME HAPPY" from the All About You stamp set in parallel to the bottom edge of the stamped panel. I die cut three "You"s out of Smooth White CS using the You Trio Die-namics, inked one of them with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye ink, glued them together, and adhered to the card base.

I added a little shimmer to the leaves with a Wink of Stella pen.

Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the Sketchy Flowers Card Kit contains and what the other DT members have come up with for today.

Thank you for stopping by! :)

11 comments:

  1. Love all the white accents on the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I am always amazed how much those white dots add to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background patterned paper! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful background paper you made with this stamp set! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Like how you inked the blue onto "you." It's an unexpected surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great background! Marvelous inspiration card. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! I love the background stamped in the same color as the cardstock and how you used the leaves and the circles! The white gel pen is the perfect addition. I also like the subtle shading on the "you" from white to blue.

    ReplyDelete