Crystal Drops Card - MFT Release Replay

June 13, 2017

Today the MFT Creative Team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present!

I was amazed by the creations that the DT members had made for the Release Countdown using the Color Drops stamp set and the Color Drops STAX Die-namics. They created so beautiful and unique patterns! I wanted to try to find a new way to use those products, and thought that I might be able to create something look like crystal drops. (I'm not talking about Nuvo Crystal Drops. ;))

To create my crystal drops, I stamped and white embossed the Abstract Background onto a piece of watercolor paper, then cut out several drops from it with the Color Drops STAX Die-namics. I watercolored them using Bubblegum, Periwinkle, and Pure Plum Premium Dye inks, added some shimmer with a shimmer mist, and let them dry completely. 
Then I daubed them with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I repeated this process three times to get a faux glass texture, but I wasn't happy with the result as I expected more thickness. So I decided to cover each piece with Glossy Accents and added more glitter to part of the edges with White Blizzard Glitter Drops.

I adhered them to the card base, stamped the small dots with Bubblegum and Periwinkle Premium Dye inks, then added a sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set.

Head on over to the MFT blog for more fabulous inspiration from the DT! 

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is so clever! Wonderful dimension and interest. I was so excited to see these stamps and dies and bought them straight away :)

    ReplyDelete