Iced Coffee Card - MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

June 27, 2017

It's time for this month's MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints DT Challenge. This month we are challenged to create a masculine card using the Blueprints Die-namics.

I used the Blueprints 31 Die-namics and combined it with the Cool Cup Die-namics and the Stay Cool stamp set. I followed one of the provided sketches for my layout.

To create my iced coffee cup, I die cut a cup from watercolor paper, blended some brown Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, and Gathered Twigs) on it, and added some ink spatters. I die cut another cup from acetate and covered the inked cup with it for more realistic look.


I applied just a little bit liquid adhesive only to the top and the bottom edges of the acetate cup. I topped my iced coffee with whipped cream which I distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
The rest part of the card was done by the Blueprints 31 Die-namics! I just needed to choose papers. ;)

Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have come up with for today! I'm sure you will see a lot of inspirational creations.

Thank you for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you used the acetate to look like a clear plastic cup. Ingenious! And the splatters look great, especially on the whipped cream. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my!!! Love coffee cards and that coffee looks good enough to drink!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete