Peek-a-Boo Birthday Card : MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints

August 17, 2017

It's time for a Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge over at the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog. As it was announced last month, this challenge has moved from the MFT blog to the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog, and it's open to anyone who wants to participate! Remember that you have a chance to win a $50 gift voucher with joining the challenge. 

This month we're featuring Peek-a-Boo elements. I chose the Blueprints 30 Die-namics to create my card for today. 

The main frame die in the Blueprints 30 cuts an interactive flap, which is a good place to hide a gift card or a surprise message. I added a circle Peek-a-Boo window to the flap so you can take a peek of what is inside.  
Now you can see a monster through the window, then when you open the flap...

Hooray!! :):)

To create my front panel, I cut Spearmint CS to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", inked lower half of it with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink, and added ink spatters with Cracked Pistachio and white inks. After it dried, I cut the rounded rectangle frame and the circle window using the Blueprints 30 Die-namics. I stamped the monsters from the More Monsters stamp set with Sour Apple and Milk Chocolate Premium Dye inks, and also stamped one of the monsters (the second one from the left) to the Smooth White card base at the same position using my Mini MISTI.
I put aside the front panel, then stamped another monster beside the green monster. I stenciled the stars using the Star Celebration Stencil and sponge daubers after I masked the monsters.
I adhered the front panel and embellished with silver stars.

Head on over to the MFT Challenge and Inspiration blog for the challenge details and for more inspiration from the DT. I hope you'll play along with us!

Thank you for stopping by.

Stamps: More Monsters 
Die-namics: Blueprints 30
Card Stock: Smooth White, Spearmint
      Distress Inks - Cracked Pistachio

2 comments: